Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Richard Byrne: Geeky? or just plain Cool!

So after looking through the syllabus and finding richard Byrne on twitter and his blog "Free Technology for Teachers", I realize this dude is pretty cool. He is a total techie and I enjoy what he has to offer. On his last post he had written about the Google Play App on the android market that allows you to have all access to all of your goodle apps in one. Google music, Google Docs, etc. I also found that he has a cool app called AudioMemo where you can create audio files on a computer or on an ipad or phone. You can record audio for use when studying or maybe writing or quoting in an article. This is really cool when you have studetns write for a newspaper who have access to an ipad. I really do think that using this blog I have now could benefit my students because it can be used for PE talk, review sessions, parent contact, or even for my Fuel Up to Play 60 team and their accomplishments or announcements. Just an overall great way of communicating using new technology. I look forward to what Richard has to offer in the upcoming semsester and school year. He seems to have alot of knowledge on technology in the classroom and I believe in PE we could really benefit from some of his ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment