Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dance Dance


In this video the teacher describes how using Dance Dance Revolution in her classroom has increased her students' physical fitness by raising their heart rate while dancing. This program is unbelievably sucessful throughout the PE world. I have never used this program due to proper funding, but I have seen this done in really good classrooms and it works and it is really fun. The students really adapt to it when using upbeat music and more recent tunes. It increases every students heart rate and you can tell this if each student wears a pedometer while performing the dances. I would love to try this becasue the results are there and it has proven itself in many gyms throughout the world.

4 comments:

  1. Dance Dance Revolution is an awesome way to incorporate technology in P.E. class! This is a fun way to get kids moving, having fun, and learning some dance moves:) This unit will engage students and teach them fun ways to stay healthy. I hope your school can get a grant, funding, or a way to get this in your school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I believe that exercise is very important to staying healthy and fit. This encourages students to stay active and to have fun while doing it. I hope that this will be an activity that will be encouraged in schools in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Ben. It seems to be an effective hook for kids and is an example of them using a form of technology in your classroom, which as a PE teacher I'm sure is not always the easiest thing to do. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I think it is a great way to get kids motivated to exercise! Making it fun is key and I think kids would really enjoy this!!

    ReplyDelete